Macau trip,in this lovely old parish where two different cultures coexist harmoniously, you’ll be stunned with the stories of how these two civilisations encounter and embrace each other.
1.Border Gate (Portas do Cerco)
With the new underground passenger terminal, it is now more convenient for locals to travel to Zhuhai. Passengers at the underground bus terminal can reach the Border Gate Square through the linked escalator, elevator and stair case. 17 bus lines service the bus terminal with clear signboards and indications. Washrooms as well as public phones are also available at the underground bus terminal, while the taxi station is on the ground floor.
Erected in 1870, the European style Border Gate witnesses the development of Macao. The modernized Border Gate Square with fountains at the centre is surrounded by green plants. The blue tiles at the side walls together with the poem of the Portuguese Poet, Camoes depict the history of Macao.
Opening Hours ：The Border Gate and the Gongbei Checkpoint in Zhuhai open daily from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
2.Areia Preta Triangle Garden
Originally a traffic island, the Garden is now a green park occupying a field of about 1,583 square metres, where you’ll find local citizens do exercises or enjoy leisure activities.
3.Lin Fong Temple(Temple of Lotus)
Built in 1592 and most regularly restored, this Temple of the Lotus has a fine facade of intricate clay bas-relief carved in the 19th century depicting historical and mythological figures. Stone lions guard the entrance. Inside is a hall with a statue of Tin Hau on the altar, flanked by the guardian generals. Beyond is a courtyard decorated with a frieze of writhing dragons, a lotus filled pond and fine iron brazier. The main hall is dedicated to Kun Iam, whose statue occupies an elaborate altar. Aside altar has a shrine to Kwan Tai. The temple’s ceiling is a particularly good example of the black beams and exposed white tiles construction. Lin Fong Temple is historically famous as the place where for centuries Chinese Mandarins from Guangdong Province would stay when they came to Macao. The most renowned visitor was Commissioner Lin Zexu, who spent most of September 3rd 1839 in Macao. He is honoured with a six-foot granite statue and a new museum in the temple courtyard.
Address ：Avenida do Almirante Lacerda
Opening Hours ：7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4.Lin Zexu Memorial Museum of Macao
This small museum is located near the Lin Fong Temple and commemorates the visit of the imperial commissioner Lin Zexu to Macao on the 3rd September 1839 (during the reign of Emperor Daoguang). The aim of the visit was to ensure both the prohibition of the opium trade in the Territory administered by the Portuguese authorities and the Portuguese neutrality in the differences that opposed Great Britain to China and, which would lead to the Opium War. This war would result in the opening of a number of Chinese ports to the international commerce and to the cession of Hong Kong Island to the British.
This museum has a photographic display bearing witness to that highly tense period in the history of China.
Address ：Av. Almirante Lacerda, Macao (near the Canidrome Dog Race Track and at the foot of the Mong Há Hill)
Opening Hours ：9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Closed on Monday and mandatory holidays)
Fees ： Adult – MOP5; children under 8 and seniors over 65 – MOP3.
Tel ：+853 2855 0166
5.Kun Iam Ancient Temple and Temple of City God
Kun Iam Ancient Temple was originally built at the south of Mong Há Hill. Due to its small scale compared to Kun Iam Temple, it is also known as “Little Kun Iam Temple” in Macao. The Temple is composed of three shrines dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy, Kam Fa (Lady Golden Flower) and the Dipper Mother, as well as Lü Dongbin respectively. Next to the Kun Iam Ancient Temple, one can find the Temple of City God, the only Temple dedicated to this deity in Macao. It was built in 1908 during the late Qing Dynasty. Visiting both temples, you may have a glimpse of local folk religion since the old times.
Opening Hours ：7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
6.Xian Xinghai Memorial Museum
Xian Xinghai is hailed as “the people’s musician” and is renowned for his great achievements in the contemporary music history of China. Born into a fishing family in Macao, he meticulously sought for musical excellence, ingeniously integrated Chinese and Western music techniques and created many well-known masterpieces over his brief 40 years, all brimming with the cultural inclusiveness of Macao. One of his signature pieces, the Yellow River Cantata, was widely sung during the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, where it boosted the morale and stimulated patriotism of the Chinese across the nation.
In celebration of the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China and the 20th anniversary of the Macao’s Handover to China, the Macao SAR Government has established the Xian Xinghai Memorial Museum to honour his contributions to the nation, promote his musical achievements and set him as role model for the young people.
Address ： Rua de Francisco Xavier Pereira n.os 151-153, Macau
Opening Hours ： 10am to 6pm (Last admission at 5:30pm). Closed on Tuesdays. Open on public holidays.
Fees ：Free admission
Tel ： +853 2845 0062,+853 8988 4000
Website ： https://www.icm.gov.mo/en/XianXingHai
Mong Há Fort, situated on Mong Há Hill at the northern end of Macao, is a newer fortress, built in anticipation of a Chinese invasion following the Anglo-Chinese War in 1841. It was completed in 1866 and was in active service until the 1960′ s, when it was abandoned. Today the area has been turned into a park with flowerbeds, grassy slopes and walkways surrounding the old fortress walls. It provides a quiet refuge for people living in the nearby neighborhoods, and good views of the north end of the city.
Address ： Avenida do Coronel Mesquita, Macau
The above is the tourist route of Enchanting Stories of Our Lady of Fatima Parish. Experience the feeling of the fusion of two different cultures during the tour.